Online IELTS Test
IELTS stands for The International English Language Testing System which measures the proficiency of English of a person who wants to study or work where communication in English is used as the main language. IELTS uses a nine band scale to identify the level of proficiency the candidate is at. Band 1 being non user and 9 band being the expert user.
IELTS is divided into two segments according to the requirement of the candidates.
First being IELTS Academic which is for the people who want to apply for higher education or professional registration.
Second being IELTS General Training, which is for those migrating to Australia, Canada and the UK or applying for secondary education, training programmes and work experience in an English speaking country. The skills to be mastered comprises listening, reading, writing and speaking.
British School of Language has been actively teaching IELTS since 1971 and has been a pioneer in this industry since the very beginning. BSL’s online IELTS test will help the candidate to practice and become proficient in English speaking.
BSL’s Online IELTS test covers all the six parts whether candidates want to go for IELTS Academic or IELTS general training. These six parts are:
- Listening - There will be four recordings of native english speakers than you have to write your answers correctly to a series of questions.
- Academic reading - There will be three long texts which range from descriptive to factual and factual to discursive and analytical. 40 questions will be provided to test the reading skills.
- General reading - 40 questions will be asked from the texts extracted from different books, magazines, newspapers, notices, advertisements.
- Academic writing - Two writing tasks of general interest will be given, one to interpret and summarise from graph or diagram and second to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem.
- General writing - two writing tasks will be given, one to write a letter requesting information and second to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem.
- Speaking - this will assess your spoken english where one examiner will be present asking general questions
After the Online IELTS test score is given on a scale of 1 to 9. Band 1 being non user and 9 band being the expert user. Continuous practice will help the candidate to score higher. Join BSL online today to start your first step to success.